Library Update

Hello fellow librarians Mark & Graeme,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to tell you that I have finished the categorising and sorting of one shelf (the black one with the beginnings of European history, foreign language books and the old hardbacks with anonymous covers etc).

All the biblical and strong christian toned books are stalled on the absolutely hard to reach top shelf including the small beginnings of questionable books on teenage weightloss and racist graffiti. Safely in one place and where we know they are, they are ready for any other use that may be required of them, including emergency insulation and heating.

I have started what Mark coined as the 'Far Out' section and at the moment it is occupied by other religions, spirituality, cosmology, astrology (tarot readings, dream books and horoscopes) which I was thinking can morph into the supernatural, pataphysical, the ig nobel, fantasy and the most effective escapist material. I am happy to discuss further with you the definition of this category.

I have also put the more dull sounding fictitious literature at the top, which may perhaps benefit from further inventive categories (like M. Pembreys' commendable Jezebel section that is healthily increasing or again saved for other uses). There is definitely a visible 'wholesome rom coms' section definitively appearing.

The seemingly biggest genre - thrillers, suspense, murder and generally violent books are all at the bottom of the shelf. Now grouped together this head surface titillating matter look quite good visually with the common font type, visual presentation and aesthetics that they share.

Biographies with their commonly hard cover READ ME size have been placed in the roomy cavities above the anonymous coverless hardbacks. A small 'Probably must read' section of possible classics has been added in the reachable regions of the shelf, and a 'Sort of bearable fiction' also.

This is the rough update thus far. Maybe us fellow librarians can convene again this Saturday morn of the community caff. If the morning proves too distraction full we can continue our gravely important task on a quieter evening also.

Yours respectively and best of wishes,
Maggie Tran (your other fellow librarian)