30.03.2009 - favourite moments followed by fire watching

Yesterday, Javi's favourite moment was when David blagged a massive Bristol sink from Mog, who is one of our neighbours. Cesar's was when there was a cat trying to crawl between the skylight and the plastic sheeting above it - as viewed from below. I can't remember what my favourite was, but it might have been when everyone was sifting the hard core out of the dirt with the shopping trolley

--

Today Javi told me that he felt that writing this blog felt like showing everyone his ****.
But I explained that it's good for two reasons
  1. It gives all our many readers interesting stories and will help us in many ways, like funding and so on
  2. It's part of our collective history, it is a document and an archive of us
But, it is also true that there isn't much point in writing unless something interesting has happened. But today is ok - at the moment, there is always something interesting happening - Coachwerks is like an unexpected butterfly forming in a chrysalis.

Today I feel paranoid that tomorrow our skip will be full of other people's trash. There's not a handy tarp to cover it at the moment.

When I locked up the shutter this evening it wouldn't go and I had to mend it with strange forces. If it happens again, I know what went wrong, so just ask.

I tried to make a new email system, then, through lenghty debate we arrived squarely at the decision that the old one was better. However, for the calendar, we now update it from one place, which is nice because everyone can see what everyone else is doing simultaneously. Nigel is inventing a paper contacts thing for people who come into the space.

Javi & Cesar smooothed the floor for the dance studio with cement, sand, pva glue and water. Then they swept it and Nigel painted lines on it so a layer of hardboard can be taped down over the whole floor so it can be lovely and smooth and not damage the dance mat.

I started digging out the back yard again and then in the evening I made a large fire and watched it.