Bread Oven Masterclass

As you might know, in September I'll be packing my bags for the Pyrenees, where Sofi and me are going to live. This is the result of a bit of dreaming combined with an amazing and generous offer of a house to live in for a while.

Exciting eh? But also sad, as well as saying good bye (for now!) to so many lovely people I'll have to kiss the Coachwerks bread oven (L'Inferno d'amour as she's also known) goodbye. Those of you who have helped me or just heard about the loooong mission involved in building the thing will understand why this is a bit of a premature break up...I forgive you for thinking I'm a bit daft!

So although my baking adventures at Coachwerks will be short lived, I'll leave for Spain feeling really happy if I can gather enough interested people to continue using the oven for baking, cooking, warming up the space or whatever.

Using the oven is really simple, but there are some things that are useful to know that will help... where to get free firewood, how to control the heat, how to burn without damaging the oven etc.

As some of you know, I'm also really keen to pass on my knowlege of baking to who ever is interested.

So I'm planning a day and a half introduction/workshop in all of these things from finding the wood to baking a loaf. I know some of you are already great bakers so please do bring your own ideas, dough, whatever. I'm thinking of it more as a baking session than class. Here's how it will be:

Saturday 3rd July, 3 - 6pm
Gathering and chopping firewood
Preparing Sourdough - stage 1

This session is for the enthusiasts, those who think they would like to really get involved... it's not essential for everyone

Sunday 4th July 11am - 6pm
Preparing the fire and getting the oven up to temperature
Sourdough - Stage 2
Other kinds of bread - maybe ciabatta, maybe some dark rye, possibly some pizza?
Eat!

Both days will be pretty easy and fun, I'll be there baking whatever so if you'd like to come along please do. If this sounds good but you can't make those days please let me know. I hope to be doing plenty more baking over the coming months so maybe you could join me another time.

Hope to see you there

Alex x
07796 242846