I think Coachwerks...
"I am a Brighton based artist and movement practitioner. And also a mother of two who lives local to Coachwerks.
I have been attending numerous events at Coachwerks, either as an audience member, a workshop participant or as an accompanying parent.
Every time, I have been thrilled by the artistic quality of the events and the creative and welcoming atmosphere of the place.
For example, I have seen a lovely Dance piece by Eva Recacha which was next performed at the Place, in London.
Or the sharing of the pieces produced by artists who had taken part in a workshop led by Yael Karavan. The works were fresh and risk taking, yet clearly structured and presented. It felt really exciting to be there.
I also have been taking my children to a community event that takes place on Saturday mornings. There, they did painting and screen printing, and badge making. They loved the creative space and time they were offered… and the result of their work.

I find the approach to the Arts at Coachwerks unpretentious yet passionate, groundbreaking yet accessible, relaxed yet professional.
The wide range of artists (dancers, actors, musicians, designers, film makers, photographers, illustrators…) who run the place genuinely spend there time developing their artistic work and sharing their passion with anyone showing interests.
I do not know anywhere in Brighton like this.
Places that I know are either community centres or theatres.
The basement supports artists but it is not so community orientated like CW is.
The fact that Coachwerks is not situated in the centre but in an area where less is happening culturally makes it extra precious to me. It brings cultural excitement and many possibilities to a space where people can find it hard to get to meet their neighbour.
I have been meeting more people who are locals to me through going there. And I know that, as CW develops, my children, local children, youth and adults are going to be given the chance to participate in various artistic activities that they might not otherwise experience."

Eva Dauros