I think Coachwerks...
"
There is something about Coachwerks… I have performed and worked in other spaces and theatres around Brighton but none have that ‘something’ that Coachwerks manages to create.
The space itself has the feel of a workshop, a warehouse, someone’s home, It is somewhere that is in constant movement and a space that allows all who choose to be involved, in whatever capacity, an equal chance to explore, investigate and challenge their own practice.
The people who welcome you do just that. The environment created by the regular faces is relaxed, informal and they are open to new ideas and encourage the artists in their creativity and their play.
It is therefore, not a venue that allows you to use ‘their’ space, but somewhere that truly wants to allow artists their freedom to create.
I have attended workshops, classes and performed at coachwerks. My daughter has been involved in voice over work for animation and performance, and both my children are now beginning a radio project there. They would be the first to mention the wonderful people there and the great community environment!
I am a lone parent that tries her hardest to be both a good parent and a performer. The people at coachwerks have been incredible with their understanding and their adaptability. This I suppose is the biggest difference between Coachwerks and other spaces in and around Brighton, they want the space to be accessible to all, not just an elite. They are all practicing artists themselves in many different capacities and are willing enough and brave enough to offer others what they would want for themselves."

Rachel Champion