11.06.09 Guttering


It was another great day today. We set about cleaning the corrugated roof above the screenprint space, to prepare the surface good for patching up with a special sealing tape, which is like bitumen on a roll and a special black rubber paint to stop the roof from leaking. It was nice being up there in the evening sun. We now probably have the cleanest roof in Hollingdean. What I think is really great about this project is that most of us are a bunch of amateurs at this sort of practical work, but all are giving it a go (with the guidance and advice of people who do know) because we really want to make this happen. So technically today we have done what is called guttering. I am learning so much in a very satisfactory way, I came to Coachwerks in the hope of learning new skills like diy in a hands on way and I'm definitely getting my fill of it.

Maggie